Saturday, October 18, 2008

Some things we've learned about Sophia...

Warning: This may be a little gross!

Last week Sophia came down and woke me up in the middle of the night. She told me she thought she was going to throw up so I sent her to the bathroom. (She was shaking so I knew something was up.) I followed her and sat with her in the bathroom for a while and then took her out into the living room. She sat and talked for a little bit and told us (by this time Grant had gotten up too) she had a bad dream. We figured that was all that was wrong and I took her back up to tuck her in to bed since it had now been 45 minutes and she still hadn't thrown up. I got her upstairs and tucked her in. Two seconds later, the girl sits up and throws up all over her bed. Seriously, it was at least 45 minutes after she woke us up. I've never heard of a kid taking that long to actually throw up! She proceeded to throw up for the next 45 minutes then went back to bed and was 100% fine in the morning.

A few nights later in the middle of the night she came downstairs and didn't wake us up. Grant and I both heard her come down the steps but she never came in our room. Grant got up to check on her and she was sitting staring at the computer (which is password protected so she couldn't turn it on). He talked to her but she didn't talk back. They went and sat on the couch for a bit because she was obviously not right and very scared. He held her for a bit and she fell back asleep in his arms...never saying or word or really acknowledging what was happening. Grant took her back upstairs and put her to bed. The next morning we asked her about it and she told us that Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) had chased her down the stairs trying to wake her up but she didn't really remember Grant talking to her or anything. We think she was sleepwalking! Something similar has happened once or twice before. It will be interesting to see if that continues...we might have to put some crazy locks on the doors or something!

No comments: