Thursday, September 11, 2008

Halloween

Yesterday on the way to school, Sophia and I were talking about what she wanted to be for Halloween. Up to this point, she had usually said Belle which is fantastic because we already have a nice Belle dress. Well, she changed her mind and said Tinkerbell this time. Ok, I can deal with Tinkerbell...easy enough to find at Target and not a whole lot of work on my part. She got quiet for a minute and then said, "Well, actually mom, I want to be Bat Girl." Ugh. Super heros are not my thing. I don't know anything about them and really don't care to. I was glad when the next thing out of her mouth was, "Mom, is there a Bat Girl or just Batman?" I could honestly answer "I don't know, we'll have to ask Daddy." Luckily the subject changed and we haven't heard anymore about the mysterious Bat Girl. 

The first day of school went well. They made bead name hangers for their backpacks (Sophia's has enough beads that it is almost as long as her backpack!) and did bubble paintings. She wouldn't let me take her picture but Mrs. Robin said she didn't cry when I left! Yea! I was worried because there were tears welling up as I said good-bye to her (in her eyes, not mine!) but I made a quick exit and that seemed to work. We have one more crazy busy week next week and then I think we can settle into the normal school routine.

The countdown continues. Two more days until we have a 4 year old!

1 comment:

Atletismo343 said...

Of course there's a Batgirl!

And also a Batwoman!