Thursday, January 1, 2009

This week at the Lammi's...

Well, we are back from the holiday travels and I think everyone is healthy again! Yea! Sophia's been begging to go to one of the indoor playgrounds but I keep putting it off hoping to have a couple weeks with no disease in the house....

The other night Grant took Sophia out shopping for my birthday gift. (I don't know what it is yet, just that it's not jewelry.) While they were gone I put Bennett to bed and then sat down and watched a little TV. I had on some house hunting show when they got back so Sophia sat down with me for a few minutes to watch the end. The woman on the show ended up wanting to buy a pink house. I looked at Sophia and asked her if she was going to buy a pink house when she got bigger expecting her answer to be something like, "No Mom, that's silly. A pink house?" Instead her answer was a very thoughtful, "Well, if I can find one!"

There is a carbon monoxide detector in the hallway upstairs. While I am putting laundry away or cleaning up there Bennett likes to roam the hall and he always pulls it out and drops it and the back cover falls off. (The kid is obsessed with anything plugged in to an outlet. Not good.) Yesterday the thing started beeping because the battery was low. After running out to get some batteries so I could put him down for a nap without the silly thing waking him up, I went up to get the back cover off. Wouldn't ya know, the cover would not come off. Pretty sad that you have to have your 10 mo. old come up and help replace the battery. :)

No comments: